Friday, July 15, 2011

EBAY AUCTION #5


















"Farmhouse" 8" x 10" oil/canvas

Click here to bid

I painted this farmhouse en plein air about six months before it was demolished to make room for a new store and gas station. It was so typical of the farmhouses of the area with the stone walls and tin roof plus the red barn to the side of the house was a killer on its own.
I just couldn't get a good view of the barn from the highway where I had pulled off to do the painting. I can't tell you how many people honked at me as they drove by at 70 miles per hour plus. As if honking was going to inspire me to do a better painting or maybe they were just hoping I would flinch and totally screw up. Either way I showed them a thing or two by completing the little booger in spite of all the racket.

This painting will be on Ebay for a week then it is gone forever. I've sold the last two paintings so I'm hoping for the three-pete. The problem is going to be when paintings don't sell. I've made a promise to myself that at the end of the year I'm going to take all of the non-selling Ebay paintings and destroy them. I have time to think this one over. I'll get back to you on that.

No comments: