Sunday, March 22, 2009

SCENES FROM BIG BEND


"Near Panther Junction" 9" x 12" oil

Been awhile since my last post. Took a
week-long paint trip to Big Bend then
came back and had knee surgery. Just
now getting back into the studio to work.

I am painting in the Plein Air Southwest
competition this year. There are four
paintouts including Big Bend National
Park,the Texas Hill Country, Ouray in
Colorado and Canyon De Chelly in Arizona.
In December there will be a show and
sale at Southwest Gallery in Dallas, Texas.
Over the next two weeks I'll post the
plein air pieces I did at Big Bend.

I produced fourteen paintings over five
days. Half of the paintings will never see
the light of day. The others are worthy
and will be posted here.

I also produced a video which is now
playing on YouTube, BlipTV and YahooVideo.
The YahooVideo is actually the best quality.
As soon as I figure out how to make
a link I'll put it here.


1 comment:

Steve Atkinson said...

Killer painting Rusty. Masterful edges, colors and composition. Congrats on getting half the paintings good enough to post. No easy feat. Great job on this and the video! Wish I had been there. I'm going to have to get myself out to Big Bend soon. It looks like a great challenge.

Steve