Tuesday, September 21, 2010

SEDONA











"West Loop of Sedona" 10"x20" plein air

If you travel out the west loop of Sedona
in early morning you get this magnificent
view of the red rock range. I was so
overwhelmed it took twenty minutes
just to pick a scene because everywhere you
looked you wanted to paint it.

In order to clear my mind and focus on
something to paint I came in close to this
outcropping at the base of one of the
rocky groups. This scene is actually about
ten miles from where I was set up to
paint. I would love to go back and
drive out to this range and do a few
paintings close up.

2 comments:

julie davis said...

Beautiful, Rusty. I can't wait to paint there someday. If you go into town, stop by Windrush and say hi to JOhn for me.

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Gorgeous!! I LOVE Sedona and love your brilliant depiction.