Friday, November 4, 2011

WIMBERLEY WORKSHOP




















"Bradshaw's Point" 9" x 12" oil/plein air

This is one my demos from this week's workshop in Wimberley. I had a full class of enthusiastic and focused students. Everyone came prepared to work hard and we did for four full days. Of course we made time for BBQ and there might have been a glass or two of some of the Hill Country's finest wine, but hey...workshops are about art for sure, but the "getting to know ya" is part of it as well.

The point depicted in the painting is not really named "Bradshaw's Point", but I named it so because my friend, Bob Bradshaw, was courteous enough to allow my class onto his property for a day to paint. I'll post additional pictures from the class tomorrow and you will see what I mean.

I will have to make it a point to go back and paint because as you know most workshop classes end at 4:00 or thereabouts, and that's when the light is just getting good. Thanks to Bob, I got to do a killer demo, the class had great subject matter to paint and we had a very pleasant afternoon on the river.




No comments: