Sunday, July 11, 2010

BIG BEND REVISITED
















"Santa Elena Canyon" 36" x 48" oil/c

I've been so busy with painting for the
"35 on 35" show I've kinda neglected my
duties as blogmaster. So just to let you know
I haven't fallen of the face of the earth
and that I am busily painting, I posted
this painting of Big Bend icon Santa
Elena Canyon. Going to Big Bend and not
painting Santa Elena would be the same
as painting in the Tetons and not
painting the Pinnacles.

I'm also preparing for a trip to the Grand Canyon
in August so I need to start painting
subject matter from the area. It's my
practice to do studies from previous trips
or photos to get myself ready for trips
to a location I'm not accustomed to.
So over the next couple of weeks expect
to see a few of those appear here.




4 comments:

Jennifer McChristian said...

"Big Ben Revisited" is a truly remarkable painting Rusty!
Have a fantastic time on your Grand Canyon excursion! Looking forward to seeing your Grand Canyon paintings soon :)

Rusty Jones said...

Thanks Jennifer. Good to hear from you. Hope all is well with you.

Hodges Soileau said...

"Big Bend Revisited" looks great. I have a artist friend from Austin that spends time at Big Bend painting, and snake hunting.

Rusty Jones said...

Thanks Hodges. Actually in Big Bend the snakes hunt you!