Sunday, May 2, 2010

IN CELEBRATION OF NATURE















"Morning Light" 8" x 10"

I painted this same scene about a month
ago when it was covered in snow. Now
it is a sea of green with passages of
left over dry brush. This field is one minute
from my house and four small cows
occupy it. The field is also a prime
location for development and was
scheduled to be a shopping center last
year but the project fell through.

My house is behind that big row of trees
off to the left of the painting. All
of the trees were scheduled to be removed.
Thank goodness I still have to time to
do a few more paintings before the
bulldozers show up.

1 comment:

Marian Fortunati said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!
The simplicity and wonderful use of color and brushwork just make it perfect!!
I'm glad I dropped in to peek!