Monday, September 5, 2011

NEW WORK TO RIVERBEND GALLERY












"Hay Bale Nocturnal" 10" x 20" oil/canvas

This is a painting I've been mulling over for a couple of months. I saw the scene earlier in the summer during a full moon. Painting a nocturnal scene is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. So when I saw these hay bales one night along the highway, it just seemed natural that my first nocturnal painting should be hay bales.

The design is from four different photos and a plein air study. I like the wide format because it gives you the sense of a lot of hay bales spread out over a large field. I don't think you can see it in the photo but along the distant tree line is a farmhouse with the lights on. This painting will be available at Riverbend Gallery starting September 17th when I take five new pieces to the gallery.

No comments: