Sunday, September 11, 2011

NEW TO RIVERBEND FINE ART THIS WEEK

 "Shady Parking"  12" x 16"  oil/linen

Next weekend I will be delivering five new paintings to Riverbend Fine Art in Marble Falls, Texas. A reception from 5-7:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 17th will be held in the gallery to introduce the new work, share some good wine and enjoy visiting. If you happen to be in the neighborhood, please stop by.

The above painting is a plein air piece of the Round Rock grain elevator. I actually saw this elevator during my "35 on 35" travels. You can see it on the east side of the highway off in the distance past downtown. I only saw it because I was going through town late in the afternoon and it was illuminated. This is the first time I've tried putting a vehicle in one of my paintings. I think it adds a little life to it and makes the painting a little more interesting.

No comments: