Wednesday, September 7, 2011

NEW WORK TO PITZER'S FINE ARTS





















"Hill Country Trail" 9" x 12" oil/linen

I am shipping two new paintings to Pitzer's Fine Art
(http://www.pitzersart.com/
) in Wimberley, Texas tomorrow. The one above is a plein air
piece done just outside Georgetown north of Austin. The one below is from one of my trips to Big Bend National Park in south Texas. The morning I painted this scene a black bear had been spotted about 300 hundred yards from where I was painting. Just a friendly reminder to always check with the park service when painting in a national park where animals have free roaming rights and to always be aware of your surroundings when painting.
















"Near Panther Creek" 9" x 12" oil/linen

This has been one of my favorite plein air pieces of the last couple of years and makes me want to head back to Big Bend. As outdoor painters we all struggle with values and creating a sense of depth in a painting. I think I got it right on this one.


No comments: