Tuesday, January 24, 2012

STUDIO TIP-$20 DRYING RACK

One of the things I want to share this year through my blog is those things I do that save time, money and energy. I have limited storage space and I am committed to keeping my mess to one room in the home and not allowing it to take over other areas in the house until it gets to the point that my studio consumes the home. My mother's favorite saying is "been there, done that, read the book and saw the movie" and that would apply to me having a studio in the home. So I want to share a nifty item I picked up at Best Buy for $20 that I use as a drying rack for paintings.

















This gadget is a wire CD rack. It was on the close-out table after Christmas. It is perfect for drying small paintings. I paint mostly 9"x12", but it will hold 12"x16", 8"x10" and 6"X6" as well. It will hold up to 50 paintings.

I'm hopeful that those industrious artists reading this blog will share their studio tips as well.



6 comments:

Carol Reynolds said...

Perfect! Thank you so much for sharing this tip. My space is also limited and this will be perfect for me...especially since I plan to paint on more panels and less stretched canvas in the future. Appreciate your thoughtfulness in sharing.

Deb Watson said...

Great idea! I've been doing some small works, too and I'm going to get one. Thanks for sharing.

Sandy Farley, Fine Artist said...

I put up a basic adjustable shelving rack from Home Depot in my laundry room. Unused corner with no traffic, now employed as a drying rack. Lots of great ways to do the job. I'm going to look for a cd rack like yours for my small gems. Thanks, Rusty!. :-)

jek said...

Best Clothes Drying Racks Review

trustedreviewever said...

Clothes Drying Racks

Mr. Laundry said...

Really glad to read this amazing post, thank you so much for sharing this post with us.

Adjustable Drying Rack