Wednesday, August 3, 2011

INSPIRATIONAL PAINTING
















"Ray Hubbard Revisited" 30" x 40" oil/linen

This past weekend my in-laws celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. Family and friends gathered at Southfork Ranch where many of you will recognize as the location for the long running TV series "Dallas". That's right, the place where JR got shot. We got to tour the home used in the series and the museum that contains lots of props and photos from the show. The important part of the evening was spent celebrating two very special people who have achieved a marriage milestone fewer and fewer marriages are able to make these days. Alan and Mary are an inspiration to me and my family and all they come in contact with. We are very lucky to have them in our lives.

Alan and Mary built a new home in McKinney a little over a year ago. I've been looking at the spot over the fireplace as the perfect location for a large landscape and have been looking for just the right one to do. I did a landscape similar to this one for my three-man show last April and they really liked that one. Not wanting to do the same painting again I changed the time of day and the atmospheric feeling of this one. I presented the new painting to Alan and Mary at the anniversary party last Saturday night. They were very pleased and I am so happy for them.

4 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

A milestone indeed! I know they'll so love the piece over their fireplace!

Margie Whittington said...

Beautiful painting. The colors are terrific.

Randy Saffle said...

Wonderfull job Rusty!

Rusty Jones said...

Thanks Pam, Margie and Randy. Appreciate the compliments.