Saturday, August 13, 2011

SOUTHWEST ART CHARITY EVENT


















Gallery Director, Bob Malefant presents "San Miguel Alley" to Fiona Nicholson. Gallery manager, Melissa Butler looks on.

Last weekend I had the good fortune of participating in the Southwest Gallery Summer Festival charity event and had a blast. The two-day event included several artists doing demos...me included, music and dancers. There was something happening somewhere in the gallery the whole time. It made for a very entertaining two days and has to be the most unique opportunity I have ever had to meet collectors and artists.






















































In front of my wall preparing for my demo.





















Demo time.





















(Photo courtesy of Carolyn Cobb.)






















Fiona Nicholson with new painting.
(Photo courtesy of David Schultz)























"SA River Bridge" 12" x 12" oil/linen

This painting of a bridge on the San Antonio River was my Saturday demo.





















"Vail Snow Day" 12" x 12" oil/linen

This snow painting was my Sunday demo. Its been a long time since I've painted a snow scene so this was fun. Thanks again to Southwest Gallery for allowing me to participate. Funds raised from the event went to the Dallas Area Parkinsonism Society.






No comments: