Friday, August 21, 2009

A GOOD DAY FISHING


















"Pile Cast" 12" x 16" oil on canvas

If I can't be outside painting please
put a flyrod in my hand and show
me the nearest body of water. The
toughest day painting isn't when the
bugs are out of control or the weather
has driven you from a great painting
location, its when you are in the middle
of painting a stellar piece and you hear
the unmistakable sound of fish rising
when they hit the surface chasing food.

Now I'm really stuck. Paint....no fish...
no paint...dangit fish...no paint because
the light is changing...no fish because soon
they will stop biting....no you came to
paint you fool!

I've learned to leave the flyrod home
when painting. That way I have eliminated
the argument a together.

Painting available at Collectors Covey

No comments: