Thursday, December 6, 2012

HOLIDAY ART SALE #6

"Prescott Snow"  9" x 12"  oil/linen
Framed: $375
Unframed: $345 

I will always have special (painful) feelings about this painting. On the morning we were heading north of Prescott to find snow scenes I suffered a corneal abrasion which means two to three layers of my cornea (the white part of my eye) got stuck to my eyelid as I was asleep and when I went to open my eyes rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrip! If you have never had a corneal abrasion consider yourself lucky, it is very painful.  

I should have gone to the emergency clinic, but I was determined to paint in the snow. As I painted this scene the bright reflected light bouncing off the snow into my eye was almost too much to bear and I painted the entire scene through watery, painful squinty eyes. I think I finished a two hour painting in about 45 minutes.  

Included with the purchase of "Prescott Snow" is a complimentary copy of my new 2013 "In Celebration of Nature" calendar and the price of shipping is included in the sale price.

To preview other paintings in the sale go to my website at www.rustyjonesstudio.com.


Framing Options



No comments: