Friday, March 18, 2011

PAINTING OUTDOORS BRINGS FRIENDS TOGETHER





















Last weekend I had the pleasure of painting
with Jane Hurd from New York. I've known
Jane for over 30 years. Many of you may not
know that I am a Certified Medical Illustrator, which
is a highly technical form of illustration requiring
a Masters degree and training right alongside the
medical school students in gross anatomy
(including human dissection), embryology,
pathology and all things medical.

I've known Jane through the years by way of our
membership in the Association of Medical Illustrators
of which she is the current president. She was in town
conducting official AMI business but took some time
to join me for a morning of painting.

Below is my painting of barn near my home.
















"Broken Door" 12" x 16" oil/linen plein air

1 comment:

hmuxo said...

Love this barn!! so much character.