Saturday, January 1, 2011

"CANYONS AND BADLANDS"

















"Grand View" 24" x 30" oil/linen

"Grand View" is my first painting of 2011 and
represents my goal of painting more larger
pieces and is the continuation of the "Canyons
and Badlands" series I started last month.

My number one goal for 2011 is to do a
better job of supplying my galleries fresh work.
My plan is to do two paintings a week just
for the galleries so each gallery will receive two
new pieces every five to six weeks. My other goal
is to get into a few new shows and increase awareness
of my work.

My third goal is to produce more video of my work
and the events I'm involved in and to produce
videos that will help my workshop participants.
So be on the look out for new videos on techniques
and tips appearing here on my blog.

Hope everyone had a happy holiday. Time to
get back to work.

6 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

Great piece. Great goals. And, they all seem achievable! Happy New Year.

Randy Saffle said...

All great goals. I look forward to the videos.

Rusty Jones said...

Thanks Pam and Randy. I'm really looking forward to the coming year.

Bev Boren said...

Beautiful piece Rusty! Love the goal setting, what an inspiration you are...I guess I better get off my ya-ha and get busy.
Happy New Year!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

that is a superb painting. The receding distance is masterful. Again, I like your color harmony. The color is saturated and intense without going saccharine.

Ann Rogers said...

The colors and amazing depth are superb. Thanks for sharing your goals and inspiring the rest of us!