Friday, November 19, 2010

"35 on 35" SHOW A SUCCESS

















"Rolling Hills of Hay" 22" x 28" oil/c


Last weekend was my first one-man show
at Riverbend Fine Art in Marble Falls, Texas.
I want to thank gallery owner, Suzanne Owens,
and gallery director Marta Stafford for their
support and all the hard work that Marta
and Lori did to pull the show together.

Friday was a demo in the gallery with a
good attendance. Anyone who has done
a demo in front of collectors knows how dicey
it can get when the painting takes on a life of its
own and you begin a rescue mission while

trying to appear calm and confident.




















































Bob Bradshaw wins the draw for the demo
and officially begins his collection of my work.
Congrats Bob.


Can't really describe my emotions going into
Saturday night and the opening. I knew I
would be nervous and with all the talk by
other artists about how bad things are right
now, I am pleased to report that interest in
the work was overwhelming and paintings
were selling.



















































































Many thanks to Nita Lovel Dyslin for
the great
photos of my show.






















Me with gallery director, Marta Stafford

















Love of my life, Tracy, my best friend
and harshest critic. Without her in my in
my corner none of it would worth the effort.
To end up with 35 paintings I produced 42
and Tracy got to see the good, the bad
and the ugly. I can always count on her to set
me straight and to be brutally honest about
my work. More than that, just knowing she
supports me and is by my side as I chase this
childhood dream to be an artist is all that matters.

2 comments:

Susan Roux said...

Congrats! It sure sounds like a success. Such lovely words about your wife. She's lucky to have you as well who appreciates her this much.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

wonderful post and congratulations on the successful show.
Love the description of demoing, cool on the outside, blood pressure rising inside!