Tuesday, October 26, 2010

TIS MINIATURE SEASON
















"Moran Point" 9" x 12" oil/linen

I have had the good fortune of being invited
to participate in two miniature shows
next month. For the fourth year in a row
I will be showing at the Collectors Covey
miniature show in Dallas. This is one of
the most highly anticipated shows each year
with internationally famous artists like
Bob Kuhn, Ken Carlson, John Cowen,
Clyde Apevig, Len Chimel, Ralph Olberg,
Matt Smith and Frank Serrano showing
their smaller works. I am so proud
to be a part of this esteem group of painters
and sculptures each year. The painting displayed
above is a plein air piece from my summer trip
to the Grand Canyon.

















"Ranch House" 9" x 12" oil/linen

For the second year in a row I have been
invited to participate in the Whistle Pik
miniature show in Fredericksburg. Whistle
Pik is one of the finest galleries in the state
and the group of artists showing this year
is as strong as ever. I am really looking forward
to seeing this show.

This painting was done as part of the Southwest
Art magazine's "My World" series and was
published last year. Time for the painting to find
a good home.

1 comment:

julie davis said...

Congrats on your shows, Rusty. This piece is gorgeous. Love the way the eye moves around the canvas.